- CITY DEDICATED TO RESEARCH: Milan is a city of excellence in the field of science and research and it can rely on strong connection with prestigious universities in Italy.
- CITYWIDE MARKETING SUPPORT: The city authorities would be really honoured to host the 33rd International Horticultural Congress and are ready to offer special benefits to the IHC 2030 delegates.
- HOST DESTINATION OF MEGA EVENTS: Milan in 2015 hosted the EXPO and was ranked the best city in the world. It is considered among top destinations for conferences and events and is looking forward to host the XXV Olympic Winter Games in 2026.
- A CONGRESS VENUE IN THE HEART OF THE CITY: The Allianz MiCo, the largest Conference Centre in Europe, is conveniently located right in the heart of the city, surrounded by several hotels and efficiently served by public transport.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Milan with its three airports (Linate, Malpensa, Orio al Serio) is one of the best-connected international cities in the world. Thanks to a large infrastructure network, it will be easy getting around the city.
- MILAN SAFE AND GREEN CITY: Milan is one of the safest European cities and is devoted to ecological innovation.
- WIDE ACCOMMODATION NETWORK: As a glamourous and dynamic city, Milan has a wide network of hotels and accommodation facilities, providing 43,000 hotels rooms.
- AN INESTIMABLE ARTISTIC HERITAGE: Milan, Italy’s most industrious and lively city, is rich in history and culture and is home to inestimable artistic masterpiece famous all around the world, such as Leonardo’s The Last Supper.
- THE WORLD CAPITAL OF CULTURE, FASHION AND DESIGN: Creativity is the engine that powers Milan. This modern city is moving forward, with a focus on innovation and technology, design and mobility. The Milan Design Week and The Milan Fashion Week are amongst the most important events internationally recognized.
- THE “MILAN FACTOR” FOR YOUR CONFERENCE: International conferences held in Milan have been shown to feature an average attendance increase of 20% with respect to events organised elsewhere.
The Last Supper
La Scala Theatre
YESMILANO CONVENTION BUREAU
In December 2020, the Municipality of Milan officially launched the City’s Convention Bureau, to boost business tourism and respond to a longstanding need expressed by national and international operators.
The mission of YesMilano Convention Bureau is to make business events successful and the Milanese experience memorable, providing free and impartial consultancy to event planners to find tailor made solutions for a successful event.
The YES Convention Bureau, the Municipality of Milan and Regione Lombardia will give their full support in the organization of the IHC Congress 2030 and will be happy to offer concrete benefits.
ENJOY THE BEST OF MILANO WITH THE MILANO CARD
MilanoCard is the Milan City Pass including free public transportation, free audioguide and discounted access to the best Milan tourist attractions. Valid for 1 day, 2 days or 3 days MilanoCard enables you to do everything in Milan at a vastly reduced cost. It’s possible to receive the Card on your smartphone or via email taking advantage of the following benefits:
Free Milan Public Transport (Metro, tram, buses, city-trains)
Free Audioguide in Milan
A Free Drink in the best clubs in Milan
Get 30% discount on a Taxi Ride
High discounted rates for top attractions and activities in Milan.
A STEP TO THE FUTURE
Milan is looking forward to hosting the 2026 Winter Olympics jointly with Cortina. This will be another international showcase for Milano after the visibility gained with World Expo 2015.
Construction sites will start to build the Olympic Village and the Hockey Arena, while several public works have been funded to enhance access to this world sporting event, subject to strict requirements of environmental sustainability.
The 2030 International Horticultural Congress of the ISH and its attendees could definitely benefit from the new infrastructures and the overall development of the “city system” that will be completed for the 2026 Winter Olympics.